Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

1  8  12  23  5  17  16  3  20  7  14  11  19  2  22  15  13  24  10  18  6  25  4  21  9  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’

3 posters

Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ Empty TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’

Post by ozoemena Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Thank God for today. God's really been faithful. Thank God for the topic introduced by the moderator.It's really my prayer that God should use me,rid me of myself and use me as his vessel. Because I know that the work is still great ahead.

Here's my contribution from "the word for today" by GSAF (UCB)

Why does the Bible compare us to sheep? Because they’re one of the most dependentcreatures in the world; they must trust in the shepherd for everything they need. Andthat’s how God wants you to live: in dependence on Him. When you constantly live in the fear of lack, you’re not trusting God enough. This core fear drives many of our other fears, including the fear of becoming disabled, or the fear of ageing, orthe fear of investing, or the fear of retiring poor. In its extreme form, fear of lack can lead to anxiety that requires you to live on antidepressants or other medication. It’s also one of the root causes of greed. You can become so obsessed with insuring yourself against the possibility of not having enough, that you hoard more than you’ll ever need. It can drive you to becomea workaholic so that neither you nor your children will ever experience discomfort, inconvenience, and helplessness. And like all fears, it’s based on an erroneous belief about God - in particular, His ability and willingness to take care of you. ‘The Lord ismy Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.’ Stop living as though you don’t believe what God has promised you! A good strategy is to learn the promises, understand the ones that are conditional, meet the conditions, and rest in His love and faithfulness. This doesn’t mean you sit idly by and wait for God to dowhat He has given you the ability to do. You must do the natural things, and trust Him for the supernatural ones.1 Chron 7-9,Acts 15:22-41© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB
ozoemena
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ Empty Re: TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’

Post by Sophia Handel Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:27 pm

This topic and today's study really got to me.I remember times in my life when I thought I was done for, when everyone else seemed to have abandoned me.When I thought all is lost.God always proved he never forsakes those that trust in him.
Sophia Handel
Sophia Handel

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’ Empty Re: TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAYConquering Your Fear of Lack (2)‘The Lord is my Shepherd … I shall not lack.’

Post by Dolly R Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:38 pm

Me too.I almost gave up on life, once attempted suicide,because all doors in life seemed to have been closed.. but then God gave me life, he put me in a place of greener pastures and restored my soul.
Dolly R
Dolly R

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down