Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

4  2  21  18  25  19  7  15  20  22  16  13  9  6  1  24  11  100  12  10  17  14  3  23  8  5  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
‘The Fear of the Lord I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
‘The Fear of the Lord I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
‘The Fear of the Lord I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
‘The Fear of the Lord I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
‘The Fear of the Lord I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
‘The Fear of the Lord I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
‘The Fear of the Lord I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
‘The Fear of the Lord I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
‘The Fear of the Lord I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

‘The Fear of the Lord

2 posters

Go down

‘The Fear of the Lord Empty ‘The Fear of the Lord

Post by Evangelista_GP Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:24 am

‘In the … fear of the LORD there is strong confidence.’
Proverbs 14:26

When you submit to God, you don’t have to be afraid of anything because He becomes your ‘refuge and strength’ (Psalm 46:1 KJV). Fearing God doesn’t mean being afraid He’s going to hurt you. He’s a good God! ‘The fear of the Lord’ just means you follow His directions and recognise His authority in all things. You’ve probably noticed there’s not a lot of respect for authority these days; we’ve developed the kind of mentality that says, ‘Nobody’s going to tell me what to do!’ But the Bible says, ‘In the reverent and worshipful fear of the LORD there is strong confidence.’ Why does it say that? Because a reverent and worshipful fear means being respectful and obedient. It means you’ll do what God says to do, and your confidence and trust in Him will continue to grow. And you’ll notice something else that’s important: the more reverential fear and awe you have of God, the more careful and courteous you’ll be in your dealings with others. That’s because you know you’re accountable to God for your actions and you recognise that other people are just as valuable to Him as you are. Solomon writes, ‘Here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments…this is the whole duty of man’ (Ecclesiastes 12:13 NIV 1984 Edition). Moses told the children of Israel, ‘What does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God … walk in all his ways … love him … serve the LORD your God with all your heart and … soul’ (Deuteronomy 10:12 NIV 1984 Edition). It’s not complicated!

Is 9-10, Gal 2

© 2016: This de‘The Fear of the Lordvotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

‘The Fear of the Lord Empty Re: ‘The Fear of the Lord

Post by Evangelista_GP Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:41 am

" The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom " Proverbs 9:10

If we ask ourselves what God would have done before we do or say something, we'll be acting more like Him everyday. Yes, I believe that His Holy Spirit in us talk to us. Doing that, is also a good way to apply the fear of the Lord.
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Boakye Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Yes.It's The Lack Of The Fear Of God Among Men That Has Left The World The Way It Is Today
Sandra Boakye
Sandra Boakye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down