Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

13  19  4  24  100  22  23  14  9  1  17  18  11  2  20  10  5  15  3  6  21  12  8  16  7  25  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Conquering the Fear of Death (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Conquering the Fear of Death (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Conquering the Fear of Death (1) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Conquering the Fear of Death (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Conquering the Fear of Death (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Conquering the Fear of Death (1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Conquering the Fear of Death (1) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Conquering the Fear of Death (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Conquering the Fear of Death (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Conquering the Fear of Death (1)

5 posters

Go down

Conquering the Fear of Death (1) Empty Conquering the Fear of Death (1)

Post by Evangelista_GP Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Conquering the Fear of Death (1)

‘LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.’
Psalm 39:4

Next time you drive through a tunnel and come out on the other side, remind yourself that’s how death will be for every redeemed child of God. You say ‘good night’ on earth, and hear ‘good morning’ in heaven. Dr Elizabeth Kübler-Ross explained that most of us go through the following stages when we face the prospect of dying: 1) Shock stage: ‘O, my God!’ 2) Denial stage: ‘It can’t be true!’ 3) Anger stage: ‘Why me?’ 4) Bargaining stage: ‘Spare me, God, and I will do something for You.’ 5) Depression stage: ‘It’s all over. I have nothing to look forward to.’ 6) Testing stage: ‘What can I do to make my remaining days worthwhile?’ 7) Acceptance stage: ‘It doesn’t make sense to fight the inevitable.. The truth is, the moment we were born we all began to run out of time. It’s just that in the wonder and excitement of childhood and adolescence, and the busyness and stresses of mid-life, we don’t think about it much. We’re like the hypochondriac who put the words on his tombstone: ‘I expected this, but not just yet!’ But as we age and realise that we’ve less time ahead of us than behind us, we begin to pray with the psalmist: ‘Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom’ (Psalm 90:12 NKJV). Someone asked Charles Spurgeon, ‘Do you have dying grace?’ He replied, ‘Not today, but I will when I’m dying!’ And the grace that has saved and sustained you thus far will be with you as you transition from your lesser life into your greater one.

Neh 10-11, Rom 9:1-15

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Conquering the Fear of Death (1) Empty Re: Conquering the Fear of Death (1)

Post by ozoemena Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:00 pm

Death is one debt,everybody must pay. , to every man it is appointed one day to die,and after death comes judgment.
The essence of life then,is to make preparations for eternity, whether in heaven or in hell fire. But the problem is that people often forget that this world is not our home,that we came from somewhere, and to somewhere someday must return. They carry all the things of the earth as if it lasts. Nothing lasts. All is vanity.Our toil to acquire wealth,get fame,become powerful.. Vanity!
ozoemena
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IFY 5 Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Ecclesiastics 12:13-14
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all. 14 For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.
IFY 5
IFY 5

Language : Igbo,English, Yoruba

Back to top Go down

Post by Clinton Harvey Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Wow.
Ecclesiastics 12:1-2
1 Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, Before the difficult days come, And the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them”: 2 While the sun and the light, The moon and the stars, Are not darkened, And the clouds do not return after the rain;
Clinton Harvey
Clinton Harvey

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by IKENNA Dike Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:33 pm

Amen! That's very deep truth everyone must face someday
IKENNA Dike
IKENNA Dike

Language : English,Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down