Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

24  100  3  17  19  20  2  7  5  25  21  8  1  4  13  6  9  14  11  12  22  15  18  23  16  10  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
How to Improve Your Relationships I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
How to Improve Your Relationships I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
How to Improve Your Relationships I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
How to Improve Your Relationships I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
How to Improve Your Relationships I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
How to Improve Your Relationships I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
How to Improve Your Relationships I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
How to Improve Your Relationships I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
How to Improve Your Relationships I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

How to Improve Your Relationships

Go down

How to Improve Your Relationships Empty How to Improve Your Relationships

Post by Evangelista_GP Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm

How to Improve Your Relationships
    ‘Let us not love with words … but with actions.’
    1 John 3:18

The UCB Word for Today - 29 Sep 2016

Here are five scriptural ways to improve the quality of your relationships: 1) Always show appreciation. Who are the people that really matter in your life? Let them know you love them, and do it often. Practise the ten-to-one rule: ten compliments to every one criticism! Many of us think the best way to help people is to ‘straighten them out’. No, the best way to help others is to look for the best in them. Dr John Maxwell calls this ‘the 101 Percent Principle’. Look for one thing you admire in somebody, then give them 100 percent encouragement for it. That’ll help you to like them and vice versa. 2) Put others first. ‘Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men’ (Ephesians 6:7 NIV 1984 Edition). If you adopt that mindset in your dealings with others, you will go far in life. 3) Serve others gladly. Talking about how difficult it is to hire and train people, an airline executive said, ‘Service is the only thing we have to sell, but it’s the toughest thing to teach because nobody wants to be thought of as a servant.’ 4) Forgive it, resolve it, and move beyond it. If someone has hurt you and you need to address it, do it immediately. Then forgive it, resolve it, and move beyond it. And if it’s not worth bringing up, forget it and move on. 5) Make time for the people who matter. Don’t give away your time on a first-come-first-served basis. Don’t devote so much energy to ‘the squeaky wheel’ that you short-change the people in your life who matter most.

Is 50-52, Col 2

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
    Evangelista_GP
    Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down