Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

8  24  100  3  7  19  5  22  14  6  16  10  17  15  23  9  13  1  21  18  2  20  12  25  11  4  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’

Go down

‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ Empty ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’

Post by Evangelista_GP Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:34 pm

‘You turned … from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven.’
    1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

The UCB Word for Today - 10 Oct 2016

Let’s read what Paul wrote to the Thessalonian believers: ‘You became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit, so that you became examples to all in Macedonia and Achaia who believe … from you the word of the Lord has sounded forth … in every place. Your faith toward God has gone out, so that we do not need to say anything. For they themselves declare … how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven’ (vv. 6-10 NKJV). The lives of these believers could be summed up in three words: ‘Turning … serving … waiting.’ Let’s look at each, and see what we can learn. 1) Turning. Repentance means doing an about-face turn. It calls for renouncing and forsaking your carnal thought patterns and self-indulgent ways. 2) Serving. Try serving others rather than expecting them to serve you. At the end of each day, pray, ‘Lord, how well did I serve You today?’ For it’s in serving others that you serve Him. 3) Waiting. If you knew for sure Jesus was coming back tomorrow, what would you do differently today? Would it change your habits, your words, your attitudes? Some of us live our lives as if Christ had changed His mind about coming back again. Make no mistake - He is! Don’t be caught off guard. Endeavour to live each day in the light of His soon return. Doing that will rearrange your priorities!

Jer 12-14, 2 Thess 3

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
    Evangelista_GP
    Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’ Empty Re: ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’

Post by Evangelista_GP Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Have a good week dear readers !
    God bless you
    Evangelista_GP
    Evangelista_GP