Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

24  5  19  11  9  22  8  10  1  12  14  6  23  15  100  20  4  25  13  16  2  18  7  17  3  21  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
 ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
 ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
 ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
 ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
 ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
 ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
 ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
 ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
 ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’

Go down

‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’ Empty ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’

Post by Evangelista_GP Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm

‘Give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty.’
John 4:15

The UCB Word for Today - 11 Oct 2016

In Alcoholics Anonymous’ twelve-step programme those seeking recovery are taught that when they become ‘restless, irritable, and discontent’ they’re in danger of going back to their drug of choice. And that doesn’t work! Why? Because inside each of us there’s a God-shaped blank that only He can fill. Some of us try to fill the blank with human relationships. Jesus met a woman who’d been divorced five times and was now living with her boyfriend. The conversation went like this: ‘Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty”’ (vv. 13-15 NIV 1984 Edition). Your body tells you when it’s hungry and thirsty. So does your soul - and if you’re wise you’ll listen. The only ‘safe’ addiction is total surrender and dependency on God! We all have a tendency to respond to what our flesh craves instead of what our spirit needs. So we turn to things like work, sex, and entertainment. Now we’ve added a new one - the Internet. Psychologists are actually treating people with ‘Internet addiction’. Honestly! King David had it all: power, popularity, pleasure, and possessions. But it left him empty, so he wrote, ‘As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God’ (Psalm 42:1 NIV 1984 Edition). Learn to recognise when you are ‘restless, irritable, and discontent’ and reach for God.

Luke 19:28-48, Ps 105-106

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum