Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

1  5  16  17  21  25  13  15  8  18  2  7  9  23  4  12  22  10  11  20  14  3  24  6  100  19  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Dealing with Difficult People I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Dealing with Difficult People I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Dealing with Difficult People I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Dealing with Difficult People I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Dealing with Difficult People I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Dealing with Difficult People I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Dealing with Difficult People I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Dealing with Difficult People I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Dealing with Difficult People I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Dealing with Difficult People

5 posters

Go down

Dealing with Difficult People Empty Dealing with Difficult People

Post by Evangelista_GP Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:36 pm

‘Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.’
James 1:19

The only way to avoid having to deal with difficult people - is to move to another planet. Human beings are a mixture of vices and virtues, and unless you understand that, you won’t be able to work or live with them successfully. The story’s told of a monk who joined a monastery and took a vow of silence. Once a year he was invited to appear before the abbot, and he was permitted to say one thing. After the first year when he was asked what he had to say, he replied, ‘The bed’s too hard!’ At the end of the second year when he was asked, he responded, ‘The room’s too cold.’ At the end of the third year he was asked the same question. He replied, ‘The food’s terrible. I quit.’ At that point the abbot smiled with relief and said, ‘Thank goodness! Because you’ve done nothing but complain since you got here!’ Think about it: even if you joined a monastery you’d still have to deal with difficult people! So what can you do? Learn from the farmer. He plants, pulls weeds, and cultivates, knowing the harvest will eventually come if he patiently keeps doing these things. It’s one of the reasons James writes, ‘My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires’ (vv. 19-20 NIV 1984 Edition). There are no shortcuts. The only way to have a good relationship is to work at it and be patient. When you do, God will bless that relationship.

Job 5-7, Rom 15: 1-13

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Difficult People Empty Re: Dealing with Difficult People

Post by IFY 5 Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:30 pm

Yesoo,very well said! It is with gentle lips that the snail passes on Thorns and thistles
IFY 5
IFY 5

Language : Igbo,English, Yoruba

Back to top Go down

Post by ozoemena Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:37 pm

A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. (Proverbs 15:1)
ozoemena
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Shelly Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:48 pm

Amen! Been off a while.. Trying to update NY self ,cuz I know I must have missed a lot
Vivian Shelly
Vivian Shelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Lee Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:50 pm

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)
Ivy Lee
Ivy Lee

Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Lee Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:51 pm

Welcome back dear :-)
Ivy Lee
Ivy Lee

Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down