Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

15  Avy  11  12  25  9  21  6  17  4  3  5  2  8  16  18  10  7  1  23  14  13  20  22  24  19  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
How to Minister to People (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
How to Minister to People (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
How to Minister to People (1) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
How to Minister to People (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
How to Minister to People (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
How to Minister to People (1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
How to Minister to People (1) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
How to Minister to People (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
How to Minister to People (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

How to Minister to People (1)

+3
ozoemena
Sophia Handel
Evangelista_GP
7 posters

Go down

How to Minister to People (1) Empty How to Minister to People (1)

Post by Evangelista_GP Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:21 pm

‘Four men arrived carrying a paralyzed man on a mat.’
Mark 2:3

It took four people to get this man to Jesus, and fortunately they weren’t the kind who gave up easily. They refused to let the crowd stand in their way. They even ‘raised the roof’ to get him to Jesus. So if you want to minister to people: 1) You must be aware of their need. They may look like they’ve ‘got it all together’, yet inwardly be lying on a stretcher. When they’re alone they cry out, ‘God, unless you help me I’m finished.’ They’re hurting, desperate, and powerless, and they know it. 2) You mustn’t let them down. Committing to bring somebody to Jesus means picking them up, refusing to let them down, and carrying them the whole way. It means comforting, encouraging, and holding them securely until He touches them. 3) You must allow Jesus to do it His way. Often hurting people don’t know what they need - but Jesus does. So once you get them there, back off and let Him work. When we’ve been in church a while we tend to look for outward signs of change. But Jesus recognised that this man’s first need was for forgiveness: ‘My child, your sins are forgiven’ (v. 5 NLT). After that He addressed the man’s second need: ‘Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!’ (v. 11 NLT). Don’t dismiss God’s tendency to work in ways that don’t make sense to you. He knows what He’s doing, and He never does anything by half-measures. Once He starts working on somebody, He’ll ‘keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish’ (Philippians 1:6 MSG).

Neh 1-3, Rom 7

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

How to Minister to People (1) Empty Re: How to Minister to People (1)

Post by Sophia Handel Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:21 pm

That's very right. Very few men of God these days know what it means to pastor. Some pastor just the pockets of the flock,not looking into their lives and needs
Sophia Handel
Sophia Handel

Back to top Go down

Post by ozoemena Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:34 pm

I remember one of our priests then.He had no car at the time, but he always visited almost every member of the church, prayed and discussed with them.People greatly loved him.And when it was time for transfer, they came out with one voice and said "NO!" He was the only true pastor we have had in decades.As he visited, Children flocked round him,he took time to hear different complaints from parents and then he'd sit the erring kids down and put sense into their heads. The local hospital never lacked his presence, because he'd always go there to visit and pray for sick members and non members. He was a real man of God.And power of God always followed his words and prayers.He really knew how to minister to people.
ozoemena
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IFY 5 Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:48 pm

wow.You must be blessed to have such a rare man of God.Pastors today do not know or have refused to acknowledge the fact that you can't pastor from the pulpit only,you can't pastor from a distance
IFY 5
IFY 5

Language : Igbo,English, Yoruba

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Kumar Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:03 pm

It was once I experienced something like that, in our village Church then.
It is true what you said.Pastors today more interested in the tithes and offerings, than they are in getting close to the flock they are supposed to shepherd
Joseph Kumar
Joseph Kumar

Back to top Go down

Post by Joseph Kumar Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:07 pm

If you see what people pass through here,some pastors posted in some rural areas count it a punishment, they hate to pass through what their members are going through. They prefer big churches in big cities where money flows.
Joseph Kumar
Joseph Kumar

Back to top Go down

Post by IKENNA Dike Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:12 pm

That's a real and happening fact.It's hard to find men who truly know how to minister to people, very scarce. We have more of businessmen pastors these days
IKENNA Dike
IKENNA Dike

Language : English,Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Lee Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm

True.. business pastors, well said!
Ivy Lee
Ivy Lee

Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Lee Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Pastors who have fleet of cars,and private jets
Ivy Lee
Ivy Lee

Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down