Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

11  24  21  12  19  15  4  7  13  9  1  14  5  23  18  10  22  2  3  Avy  17  16  6  8  20  25  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Love: The Winning Strategy (2) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Love: The Winning Strategy (2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Love: The Winning Strategy (2) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Love: The Winning Strategy (2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Love: The Winning Strategy (2) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Love: The Winning Strategy (2) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Love: The Winning Strategy (2) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Love: The Winning Strategy (2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Love: The Winning Strategy (2) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Love: The Winning Strategy (2)

4 posters

Go down

Love: The Winning Strategy (2) Empty Love: The Winning Strategy (2)

Post by Evangelista_GP Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:38 pm

‘If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?’
Luke 6

The love talked about in Scripture isn’t a sentimental emotion that gives you goose bumps. It’s compassion, caring, and concern for the well-being of another. It’s based on commitment, not convenience. It’s an act of your will, not a reflex of your emotions. Jesus asks a question that makes you stop in your tracks. ‘If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit?’ (vv. 32-33 NLT). Loving is the hardest thing you’ll ever do, and it will require all the grace God can give you. Jesus continues: ‘Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate. Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full - pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over … The amount you give will determine the amount you get back’ (vv. 35-38 NLT). You say, ‘That’s a high standard!’ Yes, that’s why it’s the winning strategy.
1 Chron 1-3, Acts 14

Reference: Bob and Debby Gass. The Word for Today. www.ucb.co.uk
* Free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Love: The Winning Strategy (2) Empty Winning strategy (2) Love

Post by ozoemena Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:56 pm

Sometime ago,back at the university, I got Out and couldn't get back before nightfall. There were hardly buses ,as I trecked it,I knew I faced many dangers.Stories have been told of people being robbed and even stabbed during such late hours and such lonely paths.
As I pondered these things, a Camry stopped by. I walked on,not even wanting to look who it was.Somebody called. I then allowed myself to look.It was a Lady,I didn't have enough time to think where she was going. I made to continue, but she called again, asking where I was going. The accent was richly Arabic/moslem.I didn't remember the quaran Anywhere asking Moslems to help people on the road.I thought perhaps it was a trap.I had some training, but caution is not fear.
Finally I was persuaded to enter.And to my utmost surprise, she carried me all the way to School.Since then I always thought twice before I generalized all Moslems/Arabs as killers and terrorists.
Now that reminds of what you can call love.Never knew me before,Being in danger herself being outside at such time a place. yet she did it.But some so_called Christian radicals would Honk their horn and run ahead.
ozoemena
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

Love: The Winning Strategy (2) Empty Re: Love: The Winning Strategy (2)

Post by ozoemena Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:58 pm

They'd wish you "more grace" in your situation and go their way
ozoemena
ozoemena

Back to top Go down

Love: The Winning Strategy (2) Empty Winning strategy( 2) love

Post by ozoemena Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:39 pm

So in essence,The kind of love we are being charged with, here is agape love, Love that is unselfish,Kind,enduring.. Just as portrayed in the life of Jesus Christ.This type of love,knows no sentiments,no race,no religion, no boundaries. It is the type of love that never fails
ozoemena
ozoemena

Back to top Go down

Love: The Winning Strategy (2) Empty Winning strategy( 2) love

Post by ozoemena Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:40 pm

So in essence,The kind of love we are being charged with, here is agape love, Love that is unselfish,Kind,enduring.. Just as portrayed in the life of Jesus Christ.This type of love,knows no sentiments,no race,no religion, no boundaries. It is the type of love that never fails
ozoemena
ozoemena

Back to top Go down

Love: The Winning Strategy (2) Empty Winning strategy (2) love

Post by Lily Ann Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Yea,that's one thing I've found out.it's not about where you come from or what color your skin is,it's showing the love of God.If God withheld not even his only son,I don't think we should have limits to loving and helping people. not counting gain or benefits
Lily Ann
Lily Ann

Back to top Go down

Love: The Winning Strategy (2) Empty Winning strategy (2) love

Post by Clinton Harvey Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Wow,what an experience. it's true what you said, We should learn to love like Jesus, Boundless love.Regardless of race,nationality,status and religion. many people play politics with their love.loving for the gain of it
Clinton Harvey
Clinton Harvey

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Love: The Winning Strategy (2) Empty Re: Love: The Winning Strategy (2)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down