Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

17  10  2  12  7  16  22  100  8  3  18  21  23  19  11  15  20  24  14  25  5  9  6  4  13  1  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

For no matter how many promises God has made,They are "yes" in christ

Go down

For no matter how many promises God has made,They are  "yes" in christ Empty For no matter how many promises God has made,They are "yes" in christ

Post by Vivian Shelly Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Here's a contribution from "today in the word,by Moody global ministries
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ.2 Corinthians 1:20Abraham’s family life seems strange to most modern readers. In part, this strangeness is due to cultural differences and different customs— few of us are nomadic or live in vast, extended family tribes. But in addition, the strangeness of Abraham’s family is that God was using them as a kind of living parable, providing lessons in following God for future generations.Ishmael was the firstborn son of Abraham—but he was not the son God had promised. Perhaps he felt insecure as the son of Sarah’s servant, or he may have discerned that Abraham felt differently toward Isaac than he did toward Ishmael. Ishmael was likely aware that Isaac had a special place in God’s plan. For whatever reason— perhaps even just plain brotherly teasing—he mocked Isaac, and Sarah saw it and demanded that Abraham banish both Ishmael and Hagar from the household.Despite Abraham’s reluctance to cast out his son, God confirmed Sarah’s harsh sentence but also promised Abraham that He would care for Ishmael. God dealt compassionately with Hagar and Ishmael by providing for their needs and making Ishmael into a great nation. But it was Isaac who was the child of promise.In Galatians 4:28–30 Paul reveals the spiritual lesson in these events. The only way to become a child of God is by way of promise, not through human effort. We cannot become God’s children by trying to obey His commands or solve the problem of sin on our own terms. Righteousness only comes to us as a gift through faith. Like Abraham and Sarah, God must do for us what we cannot do for ourselves. Those who try to obtain righteousness by keepingthe law are slaves to the law and to sin. The law cannot free us from sin.Apply the WordThis story of Abraham and Ishmael is not a manual for how to treat your children! It is a story to teach us something about grace. Many religious systems teach that we must work our way into God’s favor. But the way of law and the way of grace are incompatible with one another. We must accept righteousness as a gift or we will not have it at all.
Vivian Shelly
Vivian Shelly

Back to top Go down