Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

3  18  23  2  22  21  100  16  8  17  1  4  6  5  25  19  24  13  11  12  9  7  14  15  20  10  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Spirit-Filled Living I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Spirit-Filled Living I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Spirit-Filled Living I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Spirit-Filled Living I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Spirit-Filled Living I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Spirit-Filled Living I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Spirit-Filled Living I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Spirit-Filled Living I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Spirit-Filled Living I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Spirit-Filled Living

3 posters

Go down

Spirit-Filled Living Empty Spirit-Filled Living

Post by Evangelista_GP Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:07 pm

‘When the Spirit has his way with us.’
Galatians 5:17

Always remember that no matter how long you walk with God, your carnal nature never improves. It never becomes more like Jesus, even over time. That’s why we’re told to ‘crucify’ it daily (see v. 24). Even the apostle Paul struggled with his lower nature: ‘We naturally love to do evil things … opposite from the things that the Holy Spirit tells us to do; and the good things we want to do when the Spirit has his way with us are just the opposite of our natural desires. These two forces within us are constantly fighting … to win control over us, and our wishes are never free from their pressures … But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control’ (vv. 17, 22-23 TLB). You ask, ‘Is such a lifestyle even possible?’ Yes, but you must do these four things: 1) Remember that Satan never takes a day off. You’re constantly in his cross hairs, so you must protect yourself with God’s Word and prayer. 2) Identify the sin you’re most prone to. The Bible says, ‘Lay aside … the sin which so easily ensnares’ (Hebrews 12:1 NKJV). Why? Because the area of your greatest weakness is the one in which you’ll constantly be attacked. 3) Keep your spiritual tank full. ‘The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace’ (Romans 8:6 NIV 1984 Edition). 4) Walk in God’s strength, not your own. Does the fight ever end? No, but God’s power plus your choice to obey and keep fighting, always lead to clear and lasting victory.

Prov 6-7, 1 Cor 12 (Bible in one year?)

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Spirit-Filled Living Empty Re: Spirit-Filled Living

Post by Evangelista_GP Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:43 pm

Yes we cannot live a Holy life without the Holy Spirit. We have to dwell in it in every moment. Holiness does not come from us, it comes from God so if we don't nourish the Spirit we can forget about winning over the flesh. Everyday: prayers, read the bible, worship, praise and God's spirit in us will be lifted up.
Have a good week friends! Smile
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Post by IFY 5 Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:12 pm

wow.Even Jesus knew how difficult it'd be.. that he promised to send a comforter and a teacher,to teach us the way. Thank you GP.Happy week all
IFY 5
IFY 5

Language : Igbo,English, Yoruba

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumebi Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Yes Amen!
Dumebi
Dumebi

Language : English and Igbo

Back to top Go down