Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

23  4  8  24  13  25  17  19  10  21  12  16  11  20  14  6  7  3  9  18  100  22  5  15  2  1  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
 ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
 ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
 ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
 ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
 ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
 ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
 ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
 ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
 ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’

4 posters

Go down

‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ Empty ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’

Post by Evangelista_GP Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:58 am

‘Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?’
Amos 3:3

A toxic relationship is like a limb with gangrene: unless you amputate it the infection can spread and kill you. Without the courage to cut off what refuses to heal, you’ll end up losing a lot more. Your personal growth - and in some cases your healing - will only be expedited by establishing relationships with the right people. Maybe you’ve heard the story about the scorpion who asked the frog to carry him across the river because he couldn’t swim. ‘I’m afraid you’ll sting me,’ replied the frog. The scorpion smiled reassuringly and said, ‘Of course I won’t. If I did that we’d both drown!’ So the frog agreed, and the scorpion hopped on his back. Wouldn’t you know it: halfway across the river the scorpion stung him! As they began to sink the frog lamented, ‘You promised you wouldn’t sting me. Why’d you do it?’ The scorpion replied, ‘I can’t help it. It’s my nature!’ Until God changes the other person’s nature, they have the power to affect and infect you. For example, when you feel passionately about something but others don’t, it’s like trying to dance a foxtrot with someone who only knows how to waltz. You picked the wrong dance partner! Don’t get tied up with someone who doesn’t share your values and God-given goals. Some issues can be corrected through counselling, prayer, teaching, and leadership. But you can’t teach someone to care; if they don’t care they’ll pollute your environment, kill your productivity, and break your rhythm with constant complaints. That’s why it’s important to pray and ask God, ‘Does this person belong in my life?’

Job 38-40, 1 Cor 10:1-17

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ Empty Re: ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’

Post by Evangelista_GP Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:05 pm

It is sooo inportant indeed. Having somebody who is encouraging us to sin it's all but not helpful for our spiritual growth .
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’ Empty Re: ‘Does This Person Belong in My Life?’

Post by IKENNA Dike Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Yea,Each person has someone made for them.God puts somebody in your life, for a purpose
IKENNA Dike
IKENNA Dike

Language : English,Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Lee Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:10 pm

That's right, Dike.
Ivy Lee
Ivy Lee

Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by IFY 5 Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:21 pm

Yes. Everyone can come into your life, but not everybody is made for your purpose
IFY 5
IFY 5

Language : Igbo,English, Yoruba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down