Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

24  19  7  9  2  21  15  13  16  11  3  6  8  10  22  5  14  17  12  4  23  25  18  20  1  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Getting prayers answered I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Getting prayers answered I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Getting prayers answered I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Getting prayers answered I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Getting prayers answered I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Getting prayers answered I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Getting prayers answered I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Getting prayers answered I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Getting prayers answered I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Getting prayers answered

3 posters

Go down

Getting prayers answered Empty Getting prayers answered

Post by Vivian Shelly Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:04 pm

I really love what is happening here. Thank God for the inspiration behind this.Thanks to all that have contributed.
I want to share this, from the devotional I used this morning. "Getting prayers answered" by Dr. M. Larson.

Getting Prayers AnsweredWritten byM. LarsonWhy do some people get their prayersanswered–and I don’t? Have you everwondered that?Have you ever wished that you could have a closer touch with God?When you have a problem, you may talk with some special Christian about it. “Pray for me,” you ask. If anyone can get an answer from God, you figure that person can.But there’s no reason why all Christians can’t have the power with God that the Scriptures promise. For the Lord certainly loves every one of His children for whom He paid the supreme sacrifice. If you are His childthrough faith in Christ, that includes you.What conditions does God’s Word setdown for answered prayer? Let’s lookat them.1.Repentance is necessary.Second Chronicles 7:14 says,“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”Obviously sin keeps prayers from getting answered. But didyou know that bitterness, resentment, bad temper, anger, and harsh words can come between us and God? The Bible says such things grieve the Holy Spirit. How canwe make things right? First John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” When we are cleansed, we can look for answered prayers.2.Righteousness is necessary.James 5:16-b says,“The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”Following this statement, God gave us an example of Elijah, whose prayer was answered. Elijah prayed it wouldn’t rain, and it didn’t rain for over three years! When he prayed for rain, down it came.Righteousness refers to a daily, steady walk with the Lord. We try not to let anythingcome between us and Him. God had first place in Elijah’s heart, as He probably does in the hearts of those we ask for prayer. In their lives we see Christ; when others see Him inus, they’ll be asking us for prayer.3.Forgiveness is necessary.Jesus said that when we pray, if we hold anything against anyone, we are to forgive that person; then God can forgive our trespasses (Mark 11:25).Sherry was sorry for things she had done wrong, soshe asked the Lord to forgive her. But when she finished praying, guess what Sherry still held in her heart? Bitterness, anger, hostility…and unforgiveness toward a relative who had hurther. Then she wondered why she still didn’t feel right with God!Hard to forgive some people for the way they have hurt us? Sure it is–for us! But Ihave found it possible to do soby holding such destructive, self-centered feelings up to myLord and saying, “Lord, take these hurtful things. I don’t want them any more. Cleanse me. I just want your peace, joy,and love. I forgive everybody! “When I feel God’s peace, I know I can pray.4.Obedience is necessary.We read in First John 3:22,“…And [we] receive from him anythingwe ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.”Obedience is thetrademark of a righteous person. And obedience entails more than just conforming to a nice little set of cut-and-driedrules. It is part of being turned into the Holy Spirit. That’s where doing “those things thatare pleasing in his sight” comes in.God’s two great commandments call for love, and they cover every relationship and every circumstance:“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind….Love your neighbor as yourself”(Matthew 22:37-39).God’s command also lie in principlesHis Word sets forth, such as“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God”(1 Corinthians 10:31).Obedience to God isn’t hard when we truly love Him and others.5.Sincerity is necessary.Jeremiah 29:13 says,“You willseek me and find me when youseek me with all your heart.”6.Agreement is helpful.Jesus said,“Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.”7.Persistence is helpful.Ephesians 6:18 says,“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests”. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all saints.8.Faith is necessary.Hebrews 11:6 says,“And without faith itis impossible to please God, because anyone who comes tohim must believe that he existsand that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”When I’m praying, I often claim the promise that Jesus gave His followers:“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask forin prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours”(Mark 11:24).Do you really believe God can work inthe lives of unsaved and backslidden loved one’s life in answer to your prayers? Do you believe God can helpyou work out your problems, help youget a job, pays the bills, get along with cantankerous relatives, co-workers, or neighbors?Then stand back and watch God work as you pray! It will thrill you!And here’s a great promise you mightlike to memorize:“Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, and he will do this”(Psalm 37:4-5).
Vivian Shelly
Vivian Shelly

Back to top Go down

Getting prayers answered Empty Re: Getting prayers answered

Post by ozoemena Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:47 pm

wow wow wow.Great. God bless you greatly, thanks for sharing this with us
ozoemena
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangelista_GP Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:51 am

What a mighty God we serve! I think God wants His people to take position because He wants to answer some prayers that we were waiting to be exhausted for a long time. It is not a coincidence if the devotional's subject of our sister Vivian Shelly is the same as the one we had in Sharing life this morning. Wow! God is speaking there. Thank your Vivian Shelly for your contribution. God bless you!
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Shelly Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:44 pm

Amen! God bless us all,looking forward to the next devotional :-)
Vivian Shelly
Vivian Shelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down