Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

18  1  6  23  16  25  21  17  11  7  13  5  4  2  19  10  9  12  22  15  24  14  8  3  20  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)

+2
Dolly R
Evangelista_GP
6 posters

Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  Empty TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)

Post by Evangelista_GP Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:44 am

' Love never fails'
1 Corinthians 13:8
The Bible says, ‘Love never fails.’ Think about it: money doesn’t bring happiness, fame doesn’t bring self-worth, and revenge doesn’t bring satisfaction. The only thing that never fails is love. When Mother Teresa addressed world leaders at the United Nations, she was asked, ‘How can we have world peace?’ She replied, ‘Go home and love your family.’ If we all did that, ‘Paradise Lost’ would become ‘Paradise Found’! Napoleon Bonaparte’s intellectual greatness and intense egotism make his alleged tribute to the supremacy of leadership by love, all the more striking. He said, ‘Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I myself founded great empires: but upon what did the creations of our genius depend? Upon force. Jesus alone founded His empire upon love, and to this day millions would die for Him.’ Sometimes leaders are just power-holders. Because you can’t love others without making yourself vulnerable, they see expressing love as a weakness. But the fact is you can’t love and ‘keep all your options open’. To truly love - whether it’s your spouse, your children, or the people you lead - you must give yourself unreservedly in such a way that you can be hurt and even rejected. The fundamental principle on which power-holders operate is to protect themselves and everything they have. Whereas the fundamental principle of true leadership is to give of yourself with no holds barred. Love as an intrinsic characteristic of leadership seems outmoded, yet according to Scripture it’s still the winning strategy. The Bible says, ‘God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind’ (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV). That’s why love is the winning strategy.
2 King 24-35, Acts 13:26-52

Reference: Bob and Debby Gass. The Word for Today, www.ucb.co.uk
*Free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  Empty The winning strategy (1) Love

Post by Dolly R Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Really. Love is the greatest gift God's given to man.When it's there,there's hope and there is happiness. In it's absence, chaos,and anarch reign.And God Is love
Dolly R
Dolly R

Language : English

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  Empty The winning strategy (1) Love

Post by Adaeze Brenda Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Yea.Love is the ultimate. You can imagine how important it is, that The bible used it to summarize all the commandments of God.
But then the word has been messed up in our world of today,There's hardly anything like true love,brotherly love,anymore.
Adaeze Brenda
Adaeze Brenda

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  Empty Winning strategy (1) Love

Post by Vivian Shelly Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Right. Our rulers and administrators in our different societies and nations,all believe that rulership is by force,coercing people to Kow-tow to their whims.But God rules in love,and still he is the ultimate power,the majesty,the alpha and omega.If only we'd learn from God,in our families, in our offices,in every position we find ourselves
Vivian Shelly
Vivian Shelly

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  Empty The winning strategy (1) love

Post by ozoemena Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:44 pm

Wow.Love never fails.. If there's any fact beyond denial,it's that love is the foundation of our existence. That love that made God say"let us make man in our own image.. ",(to oversee what he's created) the love that made God send his one and only son (t
ozoemena
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  Empty Re: TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)

Post by ozoemena Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Wow.Love never fails.. If there's any fact beyond denial,it's that love is the foundation of our existence. That love that made God say"let us make man in our own image.. ",(to oversee what he's created) the love that made God send his one and only son (to redeem man)the love that made God not give up on us,despite our many transgressions. He still looked up to us,still wants to come back, his arms wide open.
I remember a family that had only one girl child.The day she got wed, it was a case of mixed feelings. she and her dad wept together. The man called his daughter, " Sophia,I'm proud of you, proud of the woman that you have become. Proud of the exploits you've done, proud of the nice husband God's blessed you with.I wish I could give something, something tangible on this great day of your life. " The girl wiped her dad's tears and said to him,"you've given me the greatest gifts there can ever be,you gave me your love,you believed in me ,even when I thought I failed, you made me overlook my failures, pointing me to the success I could become.. thank,that's all I could ever have asked "
ozoemena
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  Empty Winning strategy (1)

Post by Rani Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Wow,That's touching,Isaac. Hardly do parents nowadays have time to show their children love,or even teach them
Rani
Rani

Back to top Go down

TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)  Empty Re: TODAY'S WORD FOR TODAY Love: The Winning Strategy (1)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down