Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

8  24  1  10  13  25  20  19  11  2  23  21  15  9  18  12  5  17  16  Avy  3  6  4  7  14  22  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
When You’re Not Expecting It (2) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
When You’re Not Expecting It (2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
When You’re Not Expecting It (2) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
When You’re Not Expecting It (2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
When You’re Not Expecting It (2) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
When You’re Not Expecting It (2) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
When You’re Not Expecting It (2) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
When You’re Not Expecting It (2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
When You’re Not Expecting It (2) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

When You’re Not Expecting It (2)

2 posters

Go down

When You’re Not Expecting It (2) Empty When You’re Not Expecting It (2)

Post by Evangelista_GP Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:08 pm

‘We are not ignorant of [Satan’s] devices.’

2 Corinthians 2:11

On the heels of a spiritual victory it’s tempting to let down your guard, but that’s when you’re most vulnerable to Satan’s attacks. You can’t afford to be ‘ignorant of [Satan’s] devices’. Even Jesus wasn’t exempt. In a display of supernatural power, He fed five thousand people with five loaves and two fish. After a miracle like that most of us would have decided it was time to kick back and take it easy for a while. But instead of basking in the afterglow, Jesus ‘departed to the mountain to pray’ (Mark 6:46 NKJV). It wasn’t apparent at the time, but He was about to face one of the fiercest storms of His ministry (see Mark 6:48). Christian author Henry Blackaby observes: ‘The disciples raced headlong into the tempest unprepared, but…Jesus entered the storm prepared and met the crisis with all the power of God…Stand guard over your high points…when you experience God mightily…go immediately to a place of prayer so the Father can prepare you for what’s to come.’ Times have changed but human nature hasn’t. We’re still our same old predictable selves - and Satan knows it. That’s why he stays ‘poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch you napping’ (1 Peter 5:8 MSG). To stop him from gaining an advantage: 1) ‘Resist [him] and he will flee’ (James 4:7 NIV 2011 Edition); 2) Surround yourself with godly companions (see Psalm 1:1); 3) Stay connected to God through His Word and prayer. Vern McLellan said, ‘In the morning prayer opens the treasures of God’s mercies and blessings, and in the evening it shuts us up under His protection and safeguard.’ That’s a fail-safe strategy you should adopt.

Luke 17:1-19, Ps 91-93

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
    Evangelista_GP
    Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

When You’re Not Expecting It (2) Empty Re: When You’re Not Expecting It (2)

Post by Evangelista_GP Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:15 pm

My prayer this morning for us is that God gives us spiritual intelligence to be an efficient soldier in this spiritual war. We have to wear the full armour of God.
    Evangelista_GP
    Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Summers Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:49 pm

Amen!
    Diana Summers
    Diana Summers

Language : English language

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down