Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

9  3  15  21  2  1  5  6  18  22  Avy  20  12  7  16  25  8  11  17  24  14  13  4  19  10  23  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
When You’re Not Expecting It (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
When You’re Not Expecting It (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
When You’re Not Expecting It (1) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
When You’re Not Expecting It (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
When You’re Not Expecting It (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
When You’re Not Expecting It (1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
When You’re Not Expecting It (1) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
When You’re Not Expecting It (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
When You’re Not Expecting It (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

When You’re Not Expecting It (1)

3 posters

Go down

When You’re Not Expecting It (1) Empty When You’re Not Expecting It (1)

Post by Evangelista_GP Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:31 pm

‘Then cometh the devil.’
    Luke 8:12

Anne Graham Lotz writes: ‘In the course of a week, the hot-water heater broke, water pipes burst … the bathroom showerhead fell off … [and] I was confronted with friction between family members and problems with my ministry staff. I was tempted to lose my temper, to worry instead of trust, and to neglect my prayer life. What looked like ordinary frustration … was something more sinister … Satan attacks our weakened defences in the mundane areas of our lives.’ The Bible says that immediately following the spiritual blessing He received at His baptism, Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert ‘to be tempted by the devil’ (see Matthew 4:1-11). There are important lessons here: 1) Don’t rest in success. After the benediction comes the battle. What incredible blessing has God recently given you? Whether it involves your ministry, family, career, or your personal walk with God, watch out! Satan targets us when we’re off guard. 2) Stay in God’s will. Have you ever thought, ‘If it’s this hard it can’t be God’s will’ and decided to quit? Just because you’re doing the right thing doesn’t mean you’re immune. Jesus was in God’s will when the Enemy attacked Him. When things look bleak, don’t ‘lean … on your own understanding’; that’s the time to ‘trust in the LORD with all your heart’ (Proverbs 3:5 NKJV). 3) Know the Scripture. Every time Jesus was attacked He countered with, ‘It is written.’ God’s Word is called ‘the sword of the Spirit’ (Ephesians 6:17 NIV 2011 Edition), because it’s our primary offensive weapon against - evil (see v. 16). Jesus used it to defeat Satan, and so must you.

Is 3-4, 2 Cor 12

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
    Evangelista_GP
    Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

When You’re Not Expecting It (1) Empty Re: When You’re Not Expecting It (1)

Post by Evangelista_GP Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:43 pm

What I understand is that we should always be on our guard. The devil never stops working against us so we should always stay connected to God, the source of our victory.
    Evangelista_GP
    Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Shelly Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Amen. That's right. Similar to what we treated on temptations.. The devil comes at an unexpected time, at the moment of weakness..
    Vivian Shelly
    Vivian Shelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Summers Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Yea,you're right
    Diana Summers
    Diana Summers

Language : English language

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down