Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

13  10  7  22  21  6  4  20  18  12  14  8  16  11  5  1  23  24  9  2  25  19  17  3  15  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2)

5 posters

Go down

Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) Empty Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2)

Post by Evangelista_GP Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:10 pm

‘If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God.’

James 1:5

Yesterday we talked about children who are compliant, compared to those who are defiant. Every parent with two children or more is probably blessed with at least one of each. When one child is a stick of dynamite and the other is an all-star sweetheart, the cooperative, gentle one can easily be taken for granted. If there’s an unpleasant job, they’re expected to do it because Mum and Dad don’t have the energy to fight with the tiger. When it’s necessary for one child to sacrifice or do without, there’s a tendency to pick the one who won’t complain as loudly. Under these circumstances, the compliant child gets the short end of the stick. The consequences of such inequity should be obvious. The responsible child becomes angry over time. They have a sense of powerlessness and resentment that simmers below the surface. They’re like the older brother in the parable of the prodigal son (see Luke 15:11-32). He didn’t rebel against his father, but he resented the attention given to his irresponsible brother. That’s typical! So you must try to balance the scales in dealing with your compliant child. Make sure they get their fair share of attention. Help them find ways to cope with their overbearing sibling. And, within reason, give them the right to make their own decisions. There’s nothing simple about raising kids. Even the ‘easiest’ of them need our very best effort - and God’s wisdom. And it’s available: ‘If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.’
    1 Chron 28-29, Acts 19:23-41

Reference: Bob and Debby Gass. The Word for Today. www.ucb.co.uk
    * Free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.
    Evangelista_GP
    Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) Empty Re: Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2)

Post by Umaru Hassan Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:25 pm

very true..
    Umaru Hassan
    Umaru Hassan

Language : Hausa and English

Back to top Go down

Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2) Empty Re: Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (2)

Post by Dolly R Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Amen. This really gets in.Very well said
    Dolly R
    Dolly R

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Boakye Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:06 pm

Amen. I read this prayerfully.. it's touching
    Sandra Boakye
    Sandra Boakye

Back to top Go down

Post by Chanmolika so Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:09 pm

That's right, quite right
    Chanmolika so
    Chanmolika so

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down