Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Avy  7  3  10  17  23  9  24  19  6  21  16  13  18  1  25  22  5  4  14  11  8  20  2  15  12  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
 Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
 Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
 Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
 Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
 Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
 Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
 Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
 Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
 Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1)

2 posters

Go down

Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) Empty Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1)

Post by Evangelista_GP Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:13 am

‘Your children shall be taught by the LORD.’

Isaiah 54:13

There are two kinds of children. The first are compliant ones - those who sleep through the night from the second week of life. They coo at their grandparents, and smile while their nappies are being changed. They are never sick on the way to the grocery store or the doctor’s surgery. During later childhood they love to keep their rooms clean, and they do their homework brilliantly without being asked. Then there are defiant ones: ‘strong-willed kids’. They get their mother’s attention long before birth because they scratch their initials on the walls (of the womb) and kick like crazy. They enter the world yelling about the temperature in the delivery room, and complaining about the incompetence of the nursing staff. From about eighteen months forward, they want to run things and tell everybody what to do. Their favourite word is no! Compliant children are a breeze to raise, but defiant ones can turn out fine too. The secret is to shape their strong will during the early years, without breaking their spirit. This is done by setting boundaries very clearly, then enforcing them with loving firmness. Even the toughest kids find security in a structured environment where other people’s rights, as well as their own, are protected. When this is done right, even the most independent child can learn to be responsible and self-disciplined. And God will work with you. He promises: ‘All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children’.
    1 Chron 25-27, Acts 19:1-22

Reference: Debby and Bob Gass. The Word for Today. www.ucb.co.uk
    *Free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.
    Evangelista_GP
    Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1) Empty Re: Raising Compliant and Defiant Children (1)

Post by IKENNA Dike Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:27 pm

I was a compliant kid. :-)
    IKENNA Dike
    IKENNA Dike

Language : English,Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo

Back to top Go down