Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

16  25  6  19  20  18  22  13  8  7  11  1  12  10  21  17  2  4  3  14  23  24  5  15  9  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home

2 posters

Go down

Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home Empty Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home

Post by Adaeze Brenda Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home Efff788e384b49f49bebbb3d4b88382b_18

Stephen Keshi, awinner of the Africa Cup of Nations as a player and coach with the Super Eagles, has died aged 54.The football legend passed away early on Wednesday after a suspected heartattack in Benin City, Southern Nigeria, according to his brother and manager Emmanuel Ado."Our son, brother, father, father-in-law, brother-in-law, has gone to be with his wife of 35 years Mrs Kate Keshi, who passed on the 9th of December 2015," said Ado in a statement."Since her death, Keshi hasbeen in mourning. He came back to Nigeria to be with her. He hadplanned to fly back [to the US] today, before hesuffered a cardiac arrest. He has found rest. We thank God for his life."Keshi played in five different African Cup of Nations tournaments, captaining the Super Eagles team to their second continental success in 1994in Tunisia.Nigeria gears up for football finalHe was instrumental as Nigeriamade their maiden appearance at the 1994 FIFA World Cup in the US where they reached the second round before losing to Italy.He played professionally in Ivory Coast, Belgium, France, the US and Malaysia. He also managed the national teams of Togo and Mali. Appointed coach of the Nigerian team in November 2011, Keshi handled the Super Eagles over four spells, leading them to the 2013 African Cup of Nations title in South Africa - becoming only the second man to win it both as a player and a coach - as well as the last 16 at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.There is pride in his achievements, sadness at his death and disappointment at the timing of his exit."I'm shocked and saddened by the devastating loss of Big Boss, a father and coach who gave many of us a chance to live our dreams," Lazio midfielder Ogenyi Onazi, who made his senior debut under Keshi, told Al Jazeera.Another current Nigeria player, Odion Ighalo, added: "What a tragic day. He was one of Nigeria's greats without doubt; he was a father, mentor and above all a legend. It's just a sad day."Among those paying tribute to him was the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) vice-president Shehu Dikko, who expressed the shock of"the Nigerian football family" at Keshi's death."His name will for ever shine the brightest in Nigerian football because his tremendous success and achievements transcend his country and continent," Dikko said."Death is never right at any age but Keshi leaving us at this age is sad for Nigerian, African and world football.Keshi is fondly remembered forhelping tiny Togo to qualify for their first - and to date only - appearance at the World Cup finals, but was sacked a few months before Germany 2006.
    Adaeze Brenda
    Adaeze Brenda

Back to top Go down

Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home Empty Re: Nigerian football icon,Keshi,goes home

Post by Rani Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:12 pm

May his soul rest in peace
    Rani
    Rani

Back to top Go down