Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

11  22  3  16  9  21  1  Avy  7  12  15  6  10  19  8  24  14  13  23  5  4  17  2  18  25  20  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
When You Are Criticised I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
When You Are Criticised I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
When You Are Criticised I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
When You Are Criticised I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
When You Are Criticised I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
When You Are Criticised I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
When You Are Criticised I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
When You Are Criticised I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
When You Are Criticised I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

When You Are Criticised

3 posters

Go down

When You Are Criticised Empty When You Are Criticised

Post by Evangelista_GP Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:41 am

‘He did not retaliate when he was insulted.’
1 Peter 2:23

When it comes to constructive criticism, try to learn from it and grow wiser. When it comes to unjustified criticism, remind yourself that Jesus was criticised too, so you’re in good company. And when you’re tempted to give in to resentment and strike back, read these Scriptures: ‘If you suffer for doing good and endure it patiently, God is pleased with you. For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps. He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly’ (vv. 20-23 NLT). There’s an interesting story about Abraham Lincoln. During the American Civil War he signed an order transferring certain regiments, but Secretary of War Edwin Stanton refused to execute it, calling the president a fool. When Lincoln heard he replied, ‘If Stanton said I’m a fool then I must be, for he’s nearly always right, and he says what he thinks. I’ll step over and see for myself.’ He did, and when Stanton convinced him the order was in error, Lincoln quietly withdrew it. Part of Lincoln’s greatness lay in his ability to rise above pettiness, ego, and sensitivity to other people’s opinions. He wasn’t easily offended. He welcomed criticism, and in doing so demonstrated one of the strengths of a truly great person: humility. So, have you been criticised? Make it a time to learn, not lose.

Job 41-42, 1 Cor 10:18-33

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

When You Are Criticised Empty Re: When You Are Criticised

Post by Evangelista_GP Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:49 am

Yes, I'm there: to keep my mouth shut when I'm being insulted. IT'S NOT EASY but it's the right thing to do . I know my Father in heaven is very agree when I do such an effort. I'm proud of me cuz I have control of what I say more and more..not perfect yet but I believe that God will bring it to perfection. And you? How do you deal with insults?
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Post by IFY 5 Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:17 pm

Anen .To be honest, it's hard to exercise control.. but knowing God had modelled me,I don't react to things on my own anymore.. I try to remember Jesus,that there's been no insult or provocation bigger than what he passed through
IFY 5
IFY 5

Language : Igbo,English, Yoruba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Handel Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:21 pm

Yea,that's well said!
Sophia Handel
Sophia Handel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content