Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

3  6  13  14  5  19  4  25  9  24  20  11  7  2  1  15  22  16  10  12  23  18  17  8  Avy  21  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Reach for Help I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Reach for Help I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Reach for Help I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Reach for Help I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Reach for Help I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Reach for Help I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Reach for Help I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Reach for Help I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Reach for Help I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Reach for Help

2 posters

Go down

Reach for Help Empty Reach for Help

Post by Evangelista_GP Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:23 pm

‘The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone.’
Exodus 18:18

God has placed people within your reach who are willing to help you. If you don’t accept their help, you will be frustrated and they will be unfulfilled because they’re not using their gifts. God hasn’t called you to do everything, for everybody, in every situation. You can’t be all things to all people all the time! You yourself have legitimate needs, and when they are not met you suffer and so do the people around you. There’s nothing wrong with needing help and asking for it; in fact, it’s wrong to need help and be too proud to ask. Because the children of Israel looked to Moses for everything, he tried to be ‘all things to all people’. And that’s when he reached a breaking point. So his father-in-law suggested he delegate some of his authority and let others make the less important decisions while he made the more important ones. It worked! Moses did what Jethro suggested and it enabled him to succeed in his assignment. Plus, those under his leadership got to enjoy a sense of accomplishment too. It was a win/win and the job got done right! Question: Are you complaining that people are placing too many demands on you and you’ve too much to do? Are you reluctant to let others help because you don’t think anyone can do the job as well as you? Look out! The Scriptures caution about developing ‘an exaggerated opinion of [your] own importance’ (Romans 12:3 AMP Classic Edition). Reach for help. You’ll last longer and enjoy life more if you do!

Job 36-37, 1 Cor 9 (Bible in one year)

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Reach for Help Empty Re: Reach for Help

Post by IKENNA Dike Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Amen.
IKENNA Dike
IKENNA Dike

Language : English,Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo