Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

13  2  11  16  15  17  4  9  5  22  14  21  24  Avy  10  25  12  7  3  8  20  18  1  23  19  6  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Don't Be a Gossip I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Don't Be a Gossip I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Don't Be a Gossip I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Don't Be a Gossip I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Don't Be a Gossip I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Don't Be a Gossip I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Don't Be a Gossip I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Don't Be a Gossip I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Don't Be a Gossip I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Don't Be a Gossip

+3
IFY 5
Rani
Evangelista_GP
7 posters

Go down

Don't Be a Gossip Empty Don't Be a Gossip

Post by Evangelista_GP Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Don’t Be a Gossip
‘A talebearer reveals secrets.’

Proverbs 11:13

When you gossip you’re like a loose cannon. Stop and try to imagine that. When a cannon is anchored and aimed in the right direction it can win the battle. But when it’s not it can destroy everything in its path. And that’s what gossip does: ‘A talebearer reveals secrets, but he who is of a faithful spirit conceals a matter.’ The word ‘talebearer’ comes from the Hebrew word rakal, which means ‘to go about’; it’s likely derived from an old word meaning ‘merchant’. So a talebearer is someone who goes around peddling gossip! The story is told of a mother who was preparing dinner one evening when her little boy came running into the kitchen. ‘What has Mama’s little darling been doing all day?’ she asked. ‘I’ve been playing postman,’ he replied. ‘Postman?’ the mother wondered aloud. ‘How could you do that when you’ve no letters?’ He said, ‘Oh, I had a whole bunch of letters.’ Alarmed, she said, ‘What letters?’ Her son replied, ‘I found them all tied up with ribbon in an old trunk in the attic, and I put one in every letterbox on the street.’ Even when you don’t intend harm, your words can start a chain reaction that devastates people’s lives and drives wedges. That’s why the Bible says, ‘A perverse man sows strife, and a whisperer separates the best of friends’ (Proverbs 16:28 NKJV). Unless you’re sure that what you’re sharing in confidence will remain in confidence and result in good, don’t share it at all. And if you feel like you must talk to somebody, talk to the One who can do something about it - God!

Ezra 6-8, Rom 5

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

Don't Be a Gossip Empty Re: Don't Be a Gossip

Post by Rani Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:43 pm

True.. The tongue is a wild fire, destroys ruthlessly anything it sets on.Even among the children of God,the tongue is still one major challenge that most Christians are facing
Rani
Rani

Back to top Go down

Post by IFY 5 Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:10 pm

That is very correct. Many people have used their own tongues to light flames that are consuming them and their families. If only people would harness this power in the tongue into praises..
IFY 5
IFY 5

Language : Igbo,English, Yoruba

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Lee Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:14 pm

If only we can learn to bless, to confess positivity, to praise with the tongue.. life would have been a great paradise to live in
Ivy Lee
Ivy Lee

Language : English, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Clinton Harvey Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:25 pm

My best friend back then in college, left me,because some jealous friends told her I was following her just to show off.,that I never really liked her,and that I was friending her best friend. And this is some baseless gossip,but it tore us apart.I lost a friendship I cherished so much, a friendship that so much inspired and put me on the move.. was painful.
Clinton Harvey
Clinton Harvey

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by ozoemena Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:07 pm

These are the few ways we can practice humility:To speak as little as possible of one's self.To mind one's own business.Not to want to manage other people's affairs.To avoid curiosity.To accept contradictions andcorrection cheerfully.To pass over the mistakes of others.To accept insults and injuries.To accept being slighted, forgotten and disliked.To be kind and gentle even under provocation.Never to stand on one's dignity.To choose always the hardest.Mother Teresa,The Joy in Loving: A Guide to Daily Living
ozoemena
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumebi Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm

well said.Hi everyone, this is great what is happening here
Dumebi
Dumebi

Language : English and Igbo

Back to top Go down