Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

15  3  24  25  22  5  14  19  9  8  100  18  4  1  21  20  13  12  2  7  23  10  6  16  11  17  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer

3 posters

Go down

The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer Empty The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer

Post by Evangelista_GP Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:02 pm

‘To be conformed to the likeness of his Son.’
Romans 8:29

The Bible says, ‘Those God foreknew he … predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son.’ When you read the preceding verses in the chapter you discover God does this through prayer. This should encourage you to pray. Many times we don’t pray because we don’t think anything’s happening. But with God, something’s always happening! We wonder, ‘When is He going to work?’ What we fail to understand is - He’s always working. When it comes to prayer He’s either answering the way you hoped, or changing your heart through the Spirit’s intercession to bring your prayer into harmony with His will. You say, ‘But I don’t see anything happening.’ When you plant a seed, you don’t come back the next day expecting green shoots and leaves. Does that mean nothing’s happening? No, a host of necessary processes are taking place below the ground where you can’t see them. Don’t make the mistake of thinking because you don’t see the evidence that nothing’s happening. It’s just not harvest time yet. One way in which God is making us more like Jesus is by helping us to pray the way Jesus prayed, ‘Not my will, but thine, be done’ (Luke 22:42 KJV). That means when your prayer lines up with His will, He’s already working on it even though you can’t see it. And if your prayer isn’t in accordance with His will, He’s working to change your request by changing you. Unanswered prayer can be as big a blessing as answered prayer, when it keeps us from violating God’s will. And what is God’s will? To make you more like Jesus!

Prov 30-31, 2 Cor 3

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk to the likeness of his Son.’
Evangelista_GP
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer Empty Re: The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer

Post by IKENNA Dike Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Amen, that touched down
IKENNA Dike
IKENNA Dike

Language : English,Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer Empty Re: The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer