Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

10  16  20  17  25  15  18  23  2  7  3  14  9  21  4  8  13  22  12  6  24  19  1  5  11  

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians

Go down

When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians Empty When Nigerian army "defends itself" against Protesting Civilians

Post by Adaeze Brenda Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Following allegation of massacre of members of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, and the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Monday, by security agents in Onitsha, the 82nd Division, Nigerian Army said, yesterday, it merely invoked the extant Rules of Engagement (ROE) to resort to self-defence and protect the strategic Niger Bridge.CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF (COAS), LT.-GEN. TUKUR BURATAI BRIEFING NEWSMEN DURING NIGERIAARMY COMBAT ARMS TRAINING WEEK IN BAUCHION TUESDAY.NANIt also said its action wasborne out of the need to prevent reinforcement by the pro-Biafran members, apparently surging ahead from the far side of the strategic Niger Bridge in Onitsha.The Army also said five members of MASSOB/IPOB were killed, eight wounded, while nine were arrested.In a statement signed by Deputy Army Public Relations Officer, Colonel H. A. Gambo, thearmy accused IPOB and MASSOB of launching a combined attack on the peace-loving populace as well as security agencies at about 0415 hours on May 30, 2016, to mar the first anniversary of the present democratic government.The statement read: “The attention of the general public is, hereby, drawn to the unwarranted attack launched by combined members of Movement for Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, and the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, IPOB, against the peace-loving populace as well as security agencies at about 0415 hours on May 30, 2016.“This attack was purported to have been orchestrated to mar the first anniversary of the present democratic government as part of the activities earmarked to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Biafra.“Due to the widespread panic, tension and apprehension that generated from the activities of MASSOB and IPOB members, security agencies which comprised detachments of the Nigerian Navy, Nigeria Police, Department of State Service, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, were compelled to intervene, in consonance with constitutional provisions of aid to civil authority where and when such occasion demands.“The over-arching imperative to ensure a reign of peace, security and stability in this circumstance was most starring.”How it happenedContinuing, the army said: “However, the MASSOB/IPOB members, who had earlier assembled at a school location on Ataa Road, near Saint Edmund’s Catholic Parish, Maryland, Nkpor-Agu in Anambra State resorted to fierce attack against the intervening security agencies that were carrying out their legitimate mandate.“The nature of this attack involved brazen employment of various types of fire arms and allsorts of crude weapons, volatile cocktail such as acid and dynamites.“Instructively, troops of 82 Division Nigerian Army, as the lead agencyof the security agencies, had to invoke the extant Rules of Engagement (ROE) to resort to self-defence, protection of the strategic Niger Bridge, prevent re-enforcement of the pro-Biafran members apparently surging ahead from the far side of the Niger Bridge at Onitsha.“All these efforts were inorder to de-escalate the palpable tension as well as ward off the apparent threats to lives and property in the general area. In the aftermath of the fire fight that ensued,many of our troops sustained varying degrees of injury.“These injured troops are currently receiving treatment at own medical centre. Similarly,five members of MASSOB/IPOB were killed, eight wounded, while nine were arrested for due legal actions.“This unfortunate incident, notwithstanding, 82 Division, Nigerian Army, wishes to assure all of itsprofessional commitment to the protection of lives and property of the good people of Anambra Stateand, indeed, across its entire area of responsibility in tandem with the recent directive of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria through the Chiefof Defence Staff to the Chief of Army Staff to avert occurrences of such unwarranted and uncivilized attacks against the good and law-abiding people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”
    Adaeze Brenda
    Adaeze Brenda

Back to top Go down